The Community Of Practice (COP) For Consumer Connection and Open Innovation
- How Can Communities of Practice Improve Internal and External Communication?
- Can communities of practice (COP) improve product development and speed to market?
- Why is a corporate culture change necessary to make communities of practice effective?
- Can communities of practice facilitate the organizational culture change necessary for rapid innovation?
The Communities of Practice (COP) for Consumer Connection and Open Innovation:
In the today global village communicate or partnership with consumer or customer become more and more essential to marketing innovation success. However, it is necessary to develop a communities of practice which easily enables to transform the marketing process and capability. Therefore, business management must adopt a different mind-set to make COPs work. As a result, this will help develop strong relation-ship with customer, improve cross-functional teams within a company and create value networks with external resources as well as increase the marketing innovation cycle.
What are The COP-Guidelines/Principles?
There are guidelines for linkage of all employees from different functions and markets as well as a real-time partnership with consumer or customer.
- Innovation is constant and supported with resources.
- Insights are the basis for may initiative.
- A dialogue drivers the development of capabilities.
- Learning and feedback are part of the marketing process.
- Collaboration improves capabilities.
- Technology, process, and the application of metrics improve our agility.
In order to adopt these principles organisation needs to encourage collaboration to support this business model because the adoption of these principles drives change of corporate culture into a different organisation.
Why Partnership with Consumer and Business Partner?
The organization must implement a strategy in which the following occurs:
- Employees are encouraged to learn and increase their own capabilities.
- Increased capabilities are used to bring new solutions to the marketplace.
- The organization works with customers to improve their own capabilities to effectively utilize the organization’s solutions.
- Customers become more knowledgeable and self-sufficient.
Customers would have a greater loyalty to a organization that enables them to enhance their own capabilities, thereby enhancing the relation-ship between the customer and the organization. However, It helps to improve customer satisfaction and retention. The integration of companies – like Amazon, eBay, and Dell – with their customers increases individual and organizational capabilities.
The More Knowledge You Have, The More You Realize
How Much More You Need To Know.
What is The Power of Cross-Functional Teams and COP?
- Traditionally, the contact point between the manufacturer and the retailer is a salesperson for a buyer. That means the salesperson makes a lot of work, it should not. However, the COP creates the new contact point, and enables salesperson to focus on what he is hired for. For example close deals.
- The COP enables manufacturers to provide real marketing benefits to the retailers, and retailers could supply manufacturer with information about the customer’s habits in the store.
- COPs enhance the momentum in knowledge transfer and increase the speed of knowledge acquisition, what is a powerful competitive advantage. Therefore, the organisation’s ability to acquire, process and apply new knowledge is a key factor in introducing new solutions to customers.
- The COP helps to improve the marketing innovation efforts of this global marketing environment and makes easy the sharing of best practices and ideas to improve specific marketing programs.
The COP helps do the following:
- Change the Corporate Culture to become more collaborative.
- Speed up knowledge transfer.
- Leverage technology to stay ahead of the curve for change.
- Improve your relation-ship with the customer
- Utilize industry knowledge and improve cross-functional teamwork.
- Collaboration through a value network to create better products
- Preserve and transfer accumulated wisdom and adapt to a global marketplace.
- Help you recognize what you do not know.
Statement: The COP makes knowledge’s sharing possible and enhances collaboration and interaction between customer, consumer, partner, and stakeholder facilitated through technology, to create value. Value, rapidly developed to improve product and service capabilities, translated into increased ROI.
Tags: Business development, Competitive Advantages, consulting, CRM, Customer experiences, Customer Satisfaction & Recovering, Effectiveness, Marketing, Relationship, Relationship marketing, ROI, Sales, SCM, SMART, Strategy planning